Effective as of 01/18/2022
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you register for an account on the Service, express an interest in obtaining information about Chalkboard or our Service, when you use the Service, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- your name
- phone number
We may also combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources such as data providers, social media platforms, and data licensors. The personal information we may collect from such sources may include the following:
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, occupation, household size, behaviors, interests, general location information, income range, and similar data.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Service. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, information about how and when you use our Service and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Service, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect in this manner includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our App, to provide certain location- based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the features of our App you accessed.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process order you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Service, and provide you with services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your transactions using the Service;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our Service, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the Service we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Service and transactions conducted using the Service;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Chalkboard, users of our Service and/or others; and
- With your consent.
4. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We use various third-party service providers to assist us in maintaining and providing the Service. For example, our Site is hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, and they provide us with the online e- commerce platform that allows us to provide the Service to you. In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
6. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you use the Service, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and related technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Service.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Service within a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at info@Chalkboard.io.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you would like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, at any time you may:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at info@Chalkboard.io.
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
13. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS NOTICE
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email at [INESRT]. In your request, you must include the statement “Shine the Light Request,” and provide your first and last name and mailing address and certify that you are a California resident. We reserve the right to require additional information to confirm your identity and California residency. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
14. CONTACT US